Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

70.



A few weeks ago I was printing my poster for a conference. Poster printing is done in the map room, and I noticed a really nice photo hanging that someone had printed. I commented on it to the map room guy, and it turned out that he was the one who had taken it. So we talked cameras while my poster printed (3' by 4' takes awhile). He had mentioned that the photo, which was a landscape taken in Scotland, was done with the aperture closed way down. Normally, I am taking photos with the aperature as wide open as I can have it, because I particularly enjoy photos with a narrow depth of field (and I am under the impression that this is the way to achieve this). Anyhow, he said he did this so that the cloud definition would show up.

My photo was taken at the Raven Rock lookout, and I really wanted the cloud definition to show up, so I closed the aperture WAY down. And I am happy with the result.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one. It looks like those old pictures that were taken in black and white and then hand-tinted.

    ReplyDelete